Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 March 2010

In Bloom? An Interview with Tiffany Page



Girls with guitars... it's all good, right?

23 year old, life-long singer and performer Tiffany Page (TP) releases her debut single ‘Walk Away Slow’ on March 15th.  Word is that her (Rock princess/Avril Lavigne/Miley Cyrus-esque act and) “voice will knock you back and then sit you to attention, with its Chrissie Hynde sassy swagger, Shirley Manson’s vampish puss and hellion Courtney Love”.

Or will it?  There's no arguing that this lady's got great taste, but is she really in bloom?

She’s going to struggle to fulfil her aspiration of “wanting to make the same connection that all my favourite artists (Nirvana, Hole, and Radiohead) made with me” and that “they might listen to one of my songs and wish they’d written or sung it”.


See what you think of the nicely shot video by clicking here, before you rush to pre-order her LP (released in August).

Going from Nirvanas ‘Nevermind’, Pearl Jam’s ‘No Code’ and ‘Smash’ by The Offspring and onto Hole, L7 and Babes In Toyland, with her new acoustic guitar, TP began writing exclusively angry songs at just 14 and the rest is, as they say, history.

With Richard Hell and Iggy & the Stooges videos helping shape her (recent Noisettes supporting) live act, the release of her debut single and the recording of her debut LP, it’s hardly any wonder that TP has never been happier!

TP kindly took the time to answer some of my questions...

AS:  Who would be your dream collaborator?
TP:  PJ Harvey.

AS:  What’s the last gig/concert you went to?
TP:  My first metal concert, Lamb of God were amazing!

AS:  What’s the best / your favourite music video?
TP:  Radiohead’s ‘Street Spirit’.

AS:  If you were a musical instrument what would you be?
TP:  My Fender 1973 Strat.

AS:  Where do you draw your inspiration from?
TP:  Usually things that happen to me or other songs.

AS:  What music are you listening to of late?
TP:  I'm currently listening to a lot of Toots and the Maytals, Queens of the Stone Age, Smashing Pumpkins and Belle and Sebastian, but I listen to all sorts of music.

AS:  Do you enjoy playing live or are you more at home in a studio?
TP:  I’m currently touring with The Noisettes and I've never had so much fun in my life! I do miss spending hours writing, but I’d like my music career to involve as much gigging as possible.

AS:  Your career defining dream moment would/will be what?
TP:  Jools Holland or ooh... crowd surfing from the stage... ha-ha!

AS:  Know of any upcoming bands that are destined for greatness?
TP:  Eradication.

AS:  What’s been the highlight of your year?
TP:  Gigging with my amazing band mates.

AS:  I’m sure you’ve done a few but which gig has been your best?
TP:  Our Sunday night show (Feb 28th) at the Roundhouse in Camden.

AS:  Any forthcoming plans for you / the band?
TP:  Gigging, gigging and hopefully more gigging!

AS:  Best song, movie or album ever?
TP:  Radiohead’s ‘Street Spirit’.

Thanks Tiffany and I really do wish you the best of luck for the future (that's hpefully heavier), there aren't enough kickass ladies with even half a real clue about music (I know... bitch bitch bitch... I can hear myself!).

Hey TP, let's not forget how PJ Harvey started off, maybe give that debut another listen?

For full info click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please follow my blog; thanks for getting in touch too!